What do most companies use for tracking audit issues? Spreadsheets
The primary reason to track audit issues via spreadsheets is it is a low-cost and already available means. However, using spreadsheets to track audit issues may not be your best option. Below are several problems with using spreadsheets for tracking audit issues and how AuditFindings provides an affordable and easy-to-use software for tracking audit issues to resolution.
REASONS NOT TO USE SPREADSHEETS FOR AUDIT TRACKING ISSUES
- Difficulty getting others’ input. With a spreadsheet, it is hard to get others’ input to update the spreadsheet. If you email a copy, you now have multiple copies needing to be reconciled.
- Difficulty controlling what users change. If you provide a central location for users to update a spreadsheet, you cannot control what items they change.
- Difficulty reporting on specific items. With a spreadsheet, it can be hard to display only the data you want. Do you hide columns, rows, etc.? What about old items you don’t want to be displayed, but do not want to remove?
- No ability to make actionable items. With a spreadsheet, you cannot set triggers to notify people of issues they are assigned to correct or send notifications of past due items or be alerted when others update audit issues.
REASONS TO USE AUDITFINDINGS SOFTWARE FOR AUDIT ISSUE TRACKING
- Getting input from others is easy. With AuditFindings, you can assign issues to others within the system and manage their items. This feature saves audit managers significant time in overseeing corrective action.
- Controlling what users change. As noted above, you can assign specific issues to a specific person. This feature ensures they only change data respective to their assigned items. You can also limit access to view or update only.
- Easy reporting. With advanced search and filter functions, you can query the data to report only the information you need. Want a report with only items past due or assigned to the IT Department? No problem. With the custom tag feature, the possibilities for organizing and reporting data are endless.
- With AuditFindings, your burden to oversee items is reduced. From your Dashboard, you can follow items assigned to others and quickly see the status of issues, such as those that are past due.